Saturday, June 6, 2009
2009
Recently, I competed in my 11th consecutive state games for my 10th year in special olympics Washington. I won 6th place in relay finishing 1 second faster that we did at regionals. I won a silver medal in the 5k walk in 34.21-7 minutes faster that my regional time of 41.56!! I won the gold in 800m walk with a personal best of 5:33!! That is 6 seconds faster than my personal best! I won gold in whot put with 9.62 meters!!!!! I NEVER broke the 9 meter mark!! I got into the small 8 meter scores, and I am in the 7s regularly, but 9.62 meters?! I know I lifted a 10 pound dumbell at work, and I practices with an 8 pound ball , I had tail wind, and the weather was perfect. But, WOW!!!! I applied to go to the national games next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment