This time, I was in track and field. I was a South Kitsap Pacer. You could say that my track season started off with a BANG!! I participated in a relay, shot put, 100m run and 200m walk. This was the year that I became a legal adult. I cometed at the district meet and won 4 out of 4 gold medals!! I was going to the state gamews again! I could not believe it!! In Washington, the state summer games in Special Olympices are the BIG one!
THe openning ceremonies were held in a different hanger and it was fun. We were entertained by upbeat country music to which I was the VERY FIRST athlete of 2000 to get up and dance. My mom got embarrassed! JM got up and flapped his arms like a mad bird, he was so funny.
Saturday was one busy day! MY first event was the 100m run which took forever to start because the timeres were having a problem. I won the gold nevertheless!!! I won gold medal at my very first track meet! My next event was shot put. I won the silver in that against 5 other women. My last event of the day was the relay and we had 7 teams to worry about, and we were the ONLY all-female team out there! We were in last place until out 3rd leg got us up to 5th place, and I ran my butt off to win us the gold!!!!! I was a 3-time state champion!
My 200m walk was on Sunday. A woman next to me was jogging and she thought she could get away with it! I was so mad! However, she was disqualified, and I ended up being a 4-time state champ!
In softball, we won gold at the district level, and 4th place at the state level, and my basketball team won the silver medal.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment