I fell in love with the late Dale Earnhardt this year, because I fell in love with NASCAR! He is my favorite driver. I also got a job at Olympic College. I did relay, shot put, 400m walk and 800m walk. We all had a great time at the district games. In the 800m walk, I beat the heck out of everybody! I was also the farthest female shot puter, and I beat the heck out of the 400m walk. My realy team won 5th place.
I dedicated my state games performance to Dale Earnhardt because If I won 2 more medals there, I would have 76 medals, and Dale had 76 NASCAR wins! I made my own Dale Earnhardt flag. I also dedicated my state games to the late blue angel LCDR Kevin Davis. Dale earnhardt is the Black Knight.
When the torch for the state games was lit, I raised 3 fingers of each hand up in the air to honor Dale.
I won the gold in the 400m walk in only 2 and a half minutes. I was 75% on the way to winning 100 medals!! In shot put, I won the gold in 8.2 meters!! My total medals equaled Dales' NASCAR wins. I waved my Dale flag on top of the medal podium, and raised my 3 fingers again. I had no doubt that Dale was watching me. My relay team won 4th place. I won the 800m walk on sunday, and won medal#77 whic was a gold! I was now a 22-time state champion.
I did bowling this year and won gold at the local meet and a silver at the super-regional meet.
My total medal count was an even 80.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment